WE ARE HIRING
Achen-Gardner Construction is seeking a qualified Project Engineer to join our team in the Tucson area.
Successful applicants must meet the following qualifications:
• Some experience in Heavy Highway Construction municipal utilities
• Familiarity with HCSS and Granite Software
• Ability to understand owner’s and clients business procedures
• Ability to read and understand construction plans and means and methods
• Excellent communication/organization skills
We offer outstanding benefits including:
• Competitive salary DOE
• Excellent Health, Dental and Vision Benefits
Fax resume to 480-403-9425 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org To apply in person, applications will be accepted Monday, Wednesday and Fridays between 8am and 12pm at 2425 West Wave Hill Court, Tucson, AZ 85705. Qualified individuals only, no recruiters, please. EOE/ M/F/Vet/Disability
FULL JOB DESCRIPTION
Position Summary: Provide project management/field support services. Including, but not limited to, project administration, scheduling, cost monitoring/controls, job safety inspections, and job documentation.
Reports to: Senior Project Manager, Accountable to all company Owners
FLSA Status: Regular, Full-Time, Exempt
• Read project contract, standard & special provisions, review drawings for conformity to same. Become completely familiar with all document, special project and client requirements.
• Assist Project Manager and Project Superintendent in preparation of the construction master project schedule and assist the same in monitoring, reporting and updating master schedule based on field progress.
• Continually monitor field activity costs and comparison against project’s budget/estimate and develop and maintain a communication plan to inform Project Manager and Project Superintendent of any discrepancies in the same.
• Under Project Manager’s guidance, maintain the management plan for monitoring field work progress to allow for the timely preparation and submittal of monthly progress payments for work completed.
• Under Project Manager’s guidance, prepare and implement material submittal review plan for all items as required by project documents.
• Actively participate and attend project construction meetings both with owner client and in-house to gain knowledge/insight into the mechanics of the project.
• Assist the Project Manager, as directed, with the procedures/processes for obtaining all necessary project permits.
• Promote, with cooperation of project manager, superintendent & company safety director, the site-safety program and monitor it closely to ensure a safe site in compliance with company, client and government requirements and regulations.
• Assist the Project Superintendent in the development and maintenance of the project’s traffic control plans for ongoing and future work activities.
• Assist the Project Superintendent in the development, maintenance, and implementation of the project’s construction staking plan.
• Review/assist in the preparation of monthly progress payments for all work performed, with the project manager, project superintendent and owner/client.
• Assist the project team in maintaining the project’s change order/out-of-scope work reporting and documentation procedures.
• Assist project team in the administration and enforce compliance with the terms of the contract, the construction master plan (if applicable), the field procedures and management directives, paying particular attention to quality and guarantee/warranty requirements.
• Continually monitor the systems to control field costs, scheduling and quality to ensure that they are effectively meeting project objectives.
• Maintain effective communication with project manager, project superintendent and key project participants by:
> Attending construction progress reviews of field activities on a regular basis.
> Constant vigilance in determining the status of physical progress versus schedule, cost versus budget, material status and explanations for any off-target conditions.
> Actively participating in discussions of any problem areas, with the project manager & superintendent, along with recommendations for solving them.
> Documenting the field work/progress by regularly monitoring field activities and taking progress photos.
> Follow and monitor the project’s established construction quality-control procedures, ensuring quality construction in accordance with the plans and specifications.
> Assisting project team in monitoring the flow of design documentation, submittals, vendor data and project information, ensuring that all parts of the field work can progress smoothly.
> Assist the Project Manager in the preparation, review and the transmittal of monthly progress payments timely and the follow-up of the same to insure that payment is received for all work performed on time.
> Promptly inform management/owner of unforeseen construction events and/or problems and keep them current on same. With special emphasis on those items that have the potential to impact project cost, duration, revenue, and company reputation.
• Develop and maintain a system of decision making within the field organization whereby decisions are made at the lowest possible level.
• Promote an atmosphere of team spirit with the owner and field staff.
• Conduct ones self at all times in an exemplary manner, setting a good example for all team members to follow.
• Attack all problems areas quickly, bringing them into the open and resolving as soon as possible.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Basic knowledge of materials, methods and the tools involved in the construction or repair of highways, roads and underground wet utilities.
• Basic knowledge of relevant equipment, policies and procedures to promote effective and safe operations for the protection of people and property.
• Basic knowledge of business and management principles involved in resource allocation and coordination, leadership techniques and production methods.
• Ability to problem-solve and make effective decisions.
• Strong critical thinking skills and common sense.
• Ability to develop and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships.
• Excellent verbal communication skills.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Basic computer skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook).
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• HCSS Estimating Software
• HCSS Heavy Job Reporting Software
• Spectrum Accounting Software
• Suretrak/Microsoft Project Scheduling Software
• Verbal bilingual (English/Spanish) skills